CBD Assessors will need to set up and use myGovID to access the CBD Assessor Portal from 6 December.
What is myGovID?
myGovID is an app available to download on your smartphone. It is a simple, secure way to prove who you are online. Once set up, you will be able to more easily access a range of government online services using myGovID. This means no more long, traditional usernames and passwords to remember!
myGovID uses encryption and cryptographic technology as well as the security features in your device, such as fingerprint, face or password. This is to protect your identity and help stop other people accessing your information.
When you log in to the CBD Assessor Portal using myGovID, you’ll enter the email address you registered with myGovID. A four-digit code will appear on the login screen, which you will enter in your myGovID app. You can select ‘Remember me’ to make logging in faster in the future – the four-digit code will be automatically pre-filled in your app for you to accept.
myGovID is different to myGov.
myGovID is an app you download to your smart device to prove who you are when accessing government online services, such as the CBD Assessor Portal. Your myGovID is your digital identity and unique to you.
Your myGov account lets you link to government services online in one place. You can access online services like Medicare for your COVID-19 vaccine certificate through your myGov account. Signing into your myGov account is simple and secure when you use your myGovID
What do CBD Assessors need to do?
Start the process now so you are ready to start day one when the new portal goes live.
- Download the App, create your own myGovID, and verify your identity to either a Standard or Strong identity strength.
- To achieve a minimum Standard identity strength, you need to verify at least two Australian identity documents. You can check the latest list of accepted identity documents on the myGovID app, or at www.mygovid.gov.au/setup.
- You should not use a shared or work email address, as this is your personal digital identity.
- Only once per company, a principal authority at your company needs to link their myGovID to the company’s ABN (this includes sole traders, directors, partners, etc.) in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM).
- The principal authority should follow the steps on ‘how to link your business’ in RAM.
- myGovID is already used for many government online services, so this step may have already been completed by someone at your company.
- Your company’s principal authority should follow the steps to authorise you as an ‘Authorised User’ in RAM.
- This allows you to use government online services on behalf of that company.
- Your principal authority can send your authorisation request to your work email address.
- At a minimum, assessors should be given full access to services from Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources.
- You'll receive an authorisation code and a summary of the authorisation request via email. Once accepted, you can act on behalf of the business when accessing government online services.
- Send the CBD Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) the email address you used to sign up to myGovID. The CBD Administrator will link it to your CBD Assessor Portal.
If you have any questions, support is available to help with myGovID and RAM queries:
- myGovID Setup: How to set up myGovID, view a list of accepted identity documents
- Getting Started with Relationship Authorisation Manager: How to link myGovID to your business
- Principal Authorities in RAM
- How to get Authorised in RAM