These notes provide general guidance only and cannot take into account individual circumstances. You should consider seeking appropriate professional advice regarding your specific obligations under the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Act 2010 and before implementing energy efficiency measures.
We will progressively add more guidance notes as they are developed.
Assessments and assessors
- Becoming a CBD accredited assessor
- CBD Assessor Re-Accreditation
- Training slides and worked examples for tenancy lighting assessments
- Summary of the changes to the TLA rules (version 3)
- Changes to the TLA validity
- Issues and recommendations from TLA Audits 2015/16
- Is my building disclosure affected?
- Treatment of certain property transactions
- Meaning of ‘for administrative, clerical, professional or similar information based activities’ under the CBD Program
- What is a building under the CBD Program?
- Exemption Guidance note
Disclaimer: Material in these guidance documents is made available on the understanding that the Commonwealth is not providing professional advice and should not be taken to indicate the Commonwealth's commitment to a particular course of action. Different solutions and outcomes may apply in individual circumstances. Before relying on any material contained in these documents, readers should obtain professional advice suitable to their particular circumstances. While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy, correctness or reliability of the material contained in these documents, the Commonwealth does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the contents, and expressly disclaims liability for any loss, however caused and whether due to negligence or otherwise, arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or reliance on, these Guidance Notes or the information contained in it, by any person. The information in these documents provide general guidance concerning the energy efficiency commercial building disclosure obligations imposed under the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Act 2010 (the Act). These Guidance Notes do not affect your legal obligations as set out in the Act.