CBD 2019 Program Review
On 18 December 2018, the Minister for Energy the Hon. Angus Taylor MP announced that the Government will conduct an independent review of the Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program.
The independent review will consider whether to expand mandatory disclosure of energy use into other high energy-using buildings such as data centres, office tenancies, hotels and shopping centres. The review will also assess the effectiveness of the program and the impact of changes implemented since the last independent review in 2015-16. The Centre for International Economics (CIE) has been engaged to undertake the review in consultation with key stakeholders and will provide recommendations to the Australian Government on the CBD program's direction in the second half of 2019.
Please find the CIE Issues Paper below.
The consultants have received responses to the Issues Paper. The following responses have not been marked as confidential and may be viewed.
- Australian Sustainable Built Environment Council (ASBEC)
- Energy Efficiency Council (EEC)
- Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
- Tourism Accomodation Australia (TAA)
- City of Melbourne
- City of Sydney
If you wish to contact the CIE regarding the Review you can do so by contacting:
- Phil Manners, Director, The CIE; or Hayden Fisher, Associate Director, The CIE
- Phone: 02 9250 0800
- Email: pmanners@TheCIE.com.au, hfisher@TheCIE.com.au
For the full media release please see Department of the Environment and Energy's website.