National Energy Efficiency Conference 2018
Monday, 19 November 2018 to Tuesday, 20 November 2018
The National Energy Efficiency Conference is Australia’s premier annual event for the energy efficiency sector. The Conference brings together over 350 energy users, policy makers and energy efficiency providers with leading domestic and international experts to analyse, debate and explore new opportunities to save energy in Australian homes and businesses.
In 2018, the Conference celebrates its tenth anniversary. To mark this occasion, the Conference will host an unparalleled line-up of global experts and Australian leaders at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth on 19-20 November 2018.
Following a successful partnership in 2016, the Conference will once again be presented in collaboration with the International Energy Agency’s Energy in Buildings and Communities Programme (EBC) and feature several EBC presenters:
- Alexander Zhivov, US Army Corps of Engineers ERDC
- Bjarne Olesen, Technical University of Denmark
- Ian Hamilton, University College London
- Liam O’Brien, Carleton University Canada
- Per Heiselberg, Aalborg University
- Peter Holzer, Institute of Building Research and Innovation, Austria
- Sergio Vega, Technical University of Madrid
- Takao Sawachi, Building Research Institute, Japan
The Conference will also feature two international energy efficiency leaders from Germany and the United States to discuss this year’s theme – Better cities, stronger industry, cheaper energy – which reflects energy management’s role in making cities liveable, manufacturing viable and energy affordable.
- Prof Peter Hennicke is an economist and professor for economic policy and energy economy, and an international expert on energy efficiency and energy policies. He was one of the most prominent and persistent pioneers of the German energy transformation in the 1980s. He is Co-Chair of the German-Japanese Energy Transition Council (GJETC), and was formerly Vice President of the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Matt Golden is transforming the debate around energy management in the US. He is the CEO of Open Energy Efficiency, which is creating an open source platform that allows energy savings to be valued based on when and where they occur. This type of approach could dramatically increase the reward for energy savings while lowering the cost of our energy system.