CBD program module registration
Thank you for your interest in registering for the CBD Program module.
If you haven't registered already, please provide the CBD Team with the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Work Email
For those who have registered previously, please log into the Learning Room website at https://learning.ascenderhcm.com/lms/frontend/web/ and type in the following details:
- Organisation Name: DEE
- Username: firstname.lastname
- Password: password123
Please note that the e-learning course is designed to run using Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9, or Safari 5.
- This CBD Program module is prescribed training to help you meet the accreditation requirements under the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Act 2010 (BEED Act). It has been prepared with reasonable care for that purpose, and is made available for that purpose only. The training materials are not intended to constitute a comprehensive resource as to a CBD assessor’s obligations under legislation. The Commonwealth does not, by providing the training, assume any liability for any non-compliant, negligent or unlawful conduct by a CBD assessor who has passed the training.
- Completing the prescribed training is a requirement of, but does not guarantee, accreditation under the BEED Act.
- A CBD accredited assessor is an accredited assessor under the BEED Act, a law of the Commonwealth. A CBD accredited assessor has various obligations that are specified in legislation, and the CBD assessor is solely responsible for ensuring that they are familiar with, and complies with, those obligations. In some cases, a CBD accredited assessor may be liable to pay damages and/or penalties if they do not comply with the legislation.
- CBD accredited assessors are not employees or agents of the Commonwealth, and accreditation carries no guarantee whatsoever by the Commonwealth of employment in the field of building energy assessment. CBD assessors do not operate under any warranty of any kind by the Commonwealth in relation to the services provided by a CBD accredited assessor to members of the public.
- The BEED Act and the instruments made under it, which together comprise the CBD legislation, may change. While the Australian Government Department of the Environment and Energy will take reasonable steps to ensure that CBD accredited assessors are informed of such changes, it is the responsibility of individual CBD assessors to ensure that they are aware of any changes to the laws under which they operate, and the standards applicable to their work.
- The Commonwealth bears no responsibility or liability for the accreditation of assessors under the NABERS scheme, or for any other matter arising under or in relation to NABERS.
- Personal information collected by the Department of the Environment and Energy through the CBD Program module will be used for the purposes of administering the BEED Act. The information may be shared with any issuing authority or auditing authority appointed under the Act.