Welcome to the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
The Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program is a regulatory program that requires energy efficiency information to be provided in most cases when commercial office space of 1000 square metres or more is offered for sale or lease. A quick video overview of the CBD Program can be found here. To find more information on the CBD Program, see 'What is CBD?' Information on how building owners can improve the energy efficiency of their building in preparation for a Building Energy Efficiency Certificate can be found here. An Independent Review of the CBD Program is occurring during 2019 - further details here.
Latest News and Events
- Oct 14
- Oct 07
The CBD office will be closed on Monday 7 October 2019 for the Labour Day Public Holiday in the ACT. Business will recommence on Tuesday 8 October 2019.
- Sep 23
New Assessor Portal
- Sep 05
Assessor Portal Shutdown
- Jul 01
In accordance with the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Regulation 2010, assessor accreditation and ex
Did you know?
- 7,800 Building Energy Efficiency Certificates (BEECs) have been issued over the life of the program
- Over 2,100 buildings have been issued with BEECs
- The area-weighted average NABERS Energy rating increased from 3.4 stars for BEECs issued in 2011/12 to 4.1 stars in 2017-18
- The area-weighted average Nominal Lighting Power Density (NLPD) of the lighting in office tenancies is 9.3 W/m²
- There are 147 CBD accredited assessors
These figures were current at the end of 2017/18
For more information see the statistics page