Welcome to the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
The Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program is a regulatory program that requires energy efficiency information to be provided in most cases when commercial office space of 1000 square metres or more is offered for sale or lease. A quick video overview of the CBD Program can be found here. To find more information on the CBD Program, see 'What is CBD?' Information on how building owners can improve the energy efficiency of their building in preparation for a Building Energy Efficiency Certificate can be found here.
Latest News and Events
- Jul 01
The fees for applying for an exemption or accreditation as a CBD Assessor will increase by $8 to $410 from 1 July 2018.
- May 28
The CBD office will be closed on Monday 28 May 2018 for the Reconciliation Day Public Holiday in the ACT. Business will recommence on Tuesday 29 May 2018.
- May 03
Please note the CBD Assessor Portal website will be unavailable during the following periods due to routine maintenance:
- Mar 19
Registrations are now open for the upcoming CBD Accredited Assessor Training to be held in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne in March 2018.
- Mar 08
The issue with the CBD Assessor Portal has been resolved.
Did you know?
Since the Commercial Building Disclosure Program commenced:
- Over 5,000 Building Energy Efficiency Certificates (BEEC) have been issued
- Over 1,500 unique buildings have been captured by the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
- The average NABERS rating on a BEEC was 3 stars
- The average Nominal Lighting Power Density (NLPD) of tenancies was 12.5 W/m2
- The average number of active CBD assessors was 130.
For more information see the statistics page
* Note: data valid up until 30 June 2016