Welcome to the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
The Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program is a regulatory program that requires energy efficiency information to be provided in most cases when commercial office space of 1000 square metres or more is offered for sale or lease. A quick video overview of the CBD Program can be found here. To find more information on the CBD Program, see 'What is CBD?' Information on how building owners can improve the energy efficiency of their building in preparation for a Building Energy Efficiency Certificate can be found here.
Latest News and Events
- Jul 11
Please note the CBD Team will be attending training off-site and will be unavailable on Tuesday 11 July 2017.
- Jul 07
Registrations are now open for the upcoming CBD Accredited Assessor Training to be held in Sydney on 7 July 2017.
- Jul 01
On 1 July 2017, the mandatory disclosure threshold was lowered to 1000sqm.
- Jul 01
The fees for applying for an exemption or accreditation as a CBD Assessor will increase by $8 to $402 from 1 July 2017.
- Jul 01
A reminder that from 1 July 2017 the mandatory disclosure threshold on commercial office space will be lowered to 1000 square metres, and the level of application fees and penalty units will increase.
Did you know?
Since the Commercial Building Disclosure Program commenced:
- Over 5,000 Building Energy Efficiency Certificates (BEEC) have been issued
- Over 1,500 unique buildings have been captured by the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
- The average NABERS rating on a BEEC was 3 stars
- The average Nominal Lighting Power Density (NLPD) of tenancies was 12.5 W/m2
- The average number of active CBD assessors was 130.
For more information see the statistics page
* Note: data valid up until 30 June 2016